When it comes to my hikes, I am not picky. It could be in the neighborhood, through the park, on the beach, up a mountain, along a river — anywhere! There are so many reasons to take a hike. Here are my favorites:
1. You will see something. It doesn’t matter how many times you have walked a trail, keep your eyes wide and you are guaranteed to see something new.
2. It is mind cleansing and therapeutic. After all, it is just you, mother nature and the trail!
3. It is an adventure: following the blazes, reading your map, figuring out how to make it over a 10 foot rock wall,
running from bears.
4. It is GREAT exercise. Walking as a form of exercise? Skeptical? Well, I workout frequently and let me tell you — Go hike Old Rag Mountain and then we will talk 🙂 .
5. You can take your friends. Yes, even the ones who think they aren’t “outdoors people.” Get them to go on a good hike with you. At the very least, you will definitely give them a story to tell.
6. The feeling of accomplishment when you have reached the end. There is NOTHING better than getting to the summit of a mountain. I basically always feel like:
7. Wildlife… most of the time. 🙂
8. It is almost always FREE!
That’s all I got! Happy hiking 🙂
Tell me in the comments:
-Do you like to hike?
-Why do you like/not like to hike?